The Kiwanis Club of Statesboro and the Statesboro Regional Art Association encourage artists to enter quality
two dimensional art to be displayed in our Fine Arts Exhibit.
1. Entries must be:
a. DECENT (appropriate for family viewing)
b. RECENT (created in the last 5 years)
d. NEW to the Kiwanis Ogeechee Fair
2. Entrant may make only ONE entry per section
3. Entrant must reside in one of the following Georgia counties:
Bryan, Bulloch, Evans, Candler, Jenkins, Screven or Tattnall
4. DROP-OFF Saturday, October 14th, 9 am - 4 pm
5. PICK-UP Sunday, October 22nd, 2 pm - 5 pm.
note-ALL ENTRIES MUST REMAIN IN EXHIBIT UNTIL PICK-UP TIME.
7. Mixed Media
9. Developmentally Challenged
a. Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st grade
b. 2nd & 3rd grade
c. 4th & 5th grade
d. 6th - 8th grade
e. 9th - 12th Grade
For each Section and Sub-section, ribbons and cash prizes will b awarded::
1st place (blue ribbon) $6
2nd place (red ribbon) $5
3rd place (white ribbon) $4
Note: HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS (9TH - 12TH) may enter in the ADULT sections. (see rules for Adult Entries)
Prize money can be picked up at the fair office after 6 pm on Monday, Oct 16th. Any money not picked up
by 5 pm Sunday, Oct 22nd will be forfeited. PLEASE DO NOT BRING RIBBONS OR ARTWORK TO OFFICE
TO COLLECT PRIZE MONEY.
Rules for Adult Entries:
1. Art must be FRAMED. However, paintings on stretched canvas may be presented without frames if
the painting continues around the edges so there is no bare canvas.
2. Art must be WIRED for hanging. No saw-tooth brackets. Wire is attached securely on the back of
the frame or canvas stretcher about 1/3 of the height down from the top so that it arches
upward to just below the top. NO Taping of wires is allowed.
3. Ar must not exceed a MEASUREMENT OF 36" x 48" including mat and frame.
4. DRY MEDIA such as pencil, charcoal or pastel should be behind class or sprayed with a sealer.
Special Sections: Kiwanis Heritage Awards (For Exhibitors 18 years of age and Older)
THEME: Southeast Georgia Heritage
Open to Adults only.
Works in the Southeast Georgia Heritage category must relate to the human experience in
southeast Georgia. Subject can be historical or modern.
The Statesboro Regional Art Association must confirm that artwork is eligible for this category and will regretfully
remove art mistakenly entered.
Heritage Painting or Drawing
Minimum SIZE: 9" x 12" without mat and frame
All rules for Adult Entries (above) apply
1st Place (Blue Rosette) $125
2nd Place (Red Rosette) $75
3rd Place (Whit Rosette) $50
Minimum Size: 8" x 10" without mat and frame
All Rules for Adult Entries (above) apply.
1st Place (Blue Rosette) $50
2nd Place (Red Rosette) $25
3rd Place (Whit Rosette) $10
Liability: Neither the Kiwanis Ogeechee Fair nor the Statesboro Regional Art Association will be responsible for
the loss or damage that may occur at any exhibit.
Fine Art Rules 2017
Contact Glenn Haynes 912.531.2372
Correctly attached wire for hanging (see Number 2)
|To enter Art work click link below.
Read FairEntry instructions page
for more information
3. Only one exhibit per student. Maximum size is
18" x 24", including mount board or mat.
4 .Original works only--no pre-printed
5. Student's name, grade and school must be
printed legibly on front of art.
Rule for Children's Entries:
1. Art must be on lightweight paper that can be
2. A measurement of 8 1/2" x 11 is