COMMUNITY AND CLUB EDUCATIONAL EXHIBITS
Please Read Carefully
Check In Saturday, Oct 13th 9 am to 5 pm
Sunday, Oct 14th 2 pm to 5 pm
Check Out Sunday, Oct 21st 2 pm to 5 pm
Please park in the main parking lot. NO personal vehicles will be allowed in the Fair Grounds Area. NO parking behind the main building. You may use wagons or carts to bring in items.
- Open to exhibitors from Bryan, Bulloch, Candler, Evans, Jenkins, Screven and Tattnall counties only.
- All entries should be registered by October 1st by filling out form below:
- Entries and Exhibits must be in place by time designated or otherwise will not be considered for awards and/or premiums.
- While every reasonable precaution will be taken for safeguarding exhibits, exhibits are entered in competition for prizes and the owner assumes all responsibility for any accident, loss or damage that may occur.
- Exhibitors will be held responsible for the cleanliness of their exhibit and space surrounding same. All exhibits must be in complete order before 2 pm weekdays and 10 am on Saturday. No work of this character will be permitted during the hours the building is open to the public. The building will be closed at these times each day and re-opened at regular opening time.
- When space is allotted, a permit to occupy space will be given. Such permit will not be transferable and no other party will be allowed to share such space with the original applicant.
- All articles, after being entered and until surrendered to the owner or agent will be entirely under the control and jurisdiction of the Fair Management, and no exhibitor will be allowed to remove, handle, or rearrange, improve, disfigure same under any circumstances, unless permission is granted by Department Chairman or Fair Management.
- Judges will be appointed by the Fair Committee.
- The decisions of the Judges are final.
- If it is ascertained that any exhibitor, in any ungentlemanly manner, refuses to comply with the regulations of the Fair Management and has taken exception to the judgment of a judge or awarding committee, the Fair Management shall bar the offending person from competition for premium or exhibiting on the fairgrounds until he/she shall have made proper amend and has been re-instated by a majority vote of the Fair Committee
- An exhibitor who tears off premium ribbon, or authorizes any person to do so in the presence of the awarding judge, shall forfeit the premium and be expelled from competition.
- No exhibit or entry shall be removed in whole or in part during the period of the Fair.
- In the event circumstances beyond our control so disrupts our planned schedules as to necessitate curtailment of activities and operations, the Fair Management reserves the right, and the exhibitor agrees to pro-rate premium and prize money herein catalogued on a basis of actual conditions existing from such causes before or during the period of the fair.
- Exhibits are judged by comparison and on a competitive basis. Where there is but one article exhibited under any class number a first place cannot be given. In this instance, if the article is meritorious, second place prize money will be paid.
- Premiums will not be paid according to ribbons, but by awards shown in the judges’ Record Books; ribbons do not always mean money prizes, and they may sometimes be attached by mistake, or may be misplaced or lost.
- Any prize money not picked up by 5 pm Sunday will be forfeited.
- Exhibits must be COMPLETED by 5 pm on Sunday, October 14th.
- Exhibits must be REMOVED no later than 5 pm Sunday, October 21st..
- Competitive Booths are for those who want to set up a booth in the ‘static” manner to compete for prizes.
- Rental Booths are for those who want to rent space for a small non-refundable fee and “man” their booth.
COMPETITIVE EDUCATIONAL BOOTHS
- Exhibitors will be required to pay $35 deposit by Oct 1st.
- Exhibits will be set up as “static” presentations and will not be manned during the Fair. Protective screens will be placed in front of each exhibit to secure the contents. If desired brackets or other such holders can be attached to the outside frame of the booth or to the protective screen to hold flyers for passersby.
- Exhibits are encouraged but not required to follow the fair theme. It is important to note however that 15% of the points awarded by judges are based on how well the theme is carried out.
- All exhibits must be the work of the exhibitors who are participating in the exhibits.
- Booth numbers must be visible at all times.
- In case there is only one entry in a division, the judges shall determine whether it merits a prize. Judges shall determine the number of honorable mention awards (up to 5) in each division.
- Prize Money for Youth & Adult divisions
1st—$100 2nd—$75 3rd—$50 Honorable Mention—$25
- SCORE CARD FOR INDIVIDUAL AND COMMUNITY EXHIBITS
Theme 15 Arrangement 15
Attracts Attention 20 Originally 15
Educational Value 15 General Appearance 15
Exhibitors required to pay $35 rental fee before October 1st.
The exhibits may be manned for any reasonable demonstration purpose or activity related to the non-profit mission of the group. These booths will not have protective screens placed in front. The group sponsor will be asked to sign a statement releasing Kiwanis from any responsibility for materials, belongings or activities in the exhibit booth.
Advertising matter and samples of articles on exhibition only may be given to the public from booth space or exhibit but no article may be sold from exhibits without special authority from Fair management. The right is reserved to restrict or discontinue this privilege whenever it is carried to excess or becomes an annoyance to visitors. Only advertising matter of such articles as have been contracted for with the management by exhibitors may be posted in booths.
Advertising by means of posters, prints, hand bills, samples, etc. will not be permitted within the Fairgrounds or Parking Lot.
No exhibit which displays or hands out material or information of aa controversial or political nature will be permitted. All applications for exhibit space must have the unanimous approval of the Fair Committee and said Committee reserves the right to decline any exhibit or exhibits if deemed advisable.