Youth Market Goat Show
Wednesday, October 17th
Starting at 6 pm
Check In Wednesday, Oct 17th 1 pm – 4 pm
HEALTH REQUIREMENTS Exhibition of livestock in Georgia
ALL GOATS MUST HAVE CURRENT HEALTH CERTIFICATES
Goats must be free from any clinical signs consistent with those of foot rot, scabies, contagious ecthyma (soremouth), cutaneous fungal lesions, scrapie or any other contagious disease.
Goats must be healthy at receiving and remain so throughout the show. Goats must have health papers but no official blood test is required.
RULES FOR MARKET GOAT SHOW
- While every reasonable precaution will be taken for safeguarding goats, it should be understood that the goats are entered in competition for prizes and that the owner assumes all responsibility for any accident, loss or damage that may occur. Neither the fair Management, its officers nor agents will be responsible for any such accident , loss or damage.
- All goats MUST be in place by the time designated, or otherwise they will receive no consideration from awarding committees.
- Judges will be appointed by Fair Committee.
- The decision of the judges will be final.
- Exhibitors will held responsible for the cleanliness of their space surrounding same.
- If it is ascertained that any exhibitor, in any ungentlemanly manner, refuses to comply with the regulations of the Fair Management and has taken exception to the judgment of a judge or an awarding committee, the Fair Management shall bar the offending person from competition for premium or exhibiting on the fair grounds until he shall have made proper amends and has been re-instated by a vote of a majority of the Fair Committee.
- An exhibitor who tears off a premium ribbon, or authorizes any person to do so in the presence of the awarding judge , or who refuses to accept a ribbon from the judge, or otherwise insults the awarding judge, shall forfeit the premium or diploma and be excluded from competition.
- No Smoking or lighted candles, lamps, matches, etc., will be allowed in barn.
- Premiums will not be paid according to ribbons, but by awards shown in the judges’ Record Books; ribbons do not always mean money prizes, and they may sometimes be attached by mistake, or may be misplaced or lost.
- Any prize money not picked up by 5 pm Sunday will be forfeited.
- Market Goat classes open only to 4H & FFA members (plus pre-club) which have pre-entered their goats with their local County agent or Vocational Agriculture Teacher prior to August 1, 2018.
- Entry forms are due by October 1, 2018.
- Entries are due by October 1, 2018. All entries must be registered at FairEntry.com
- Entry Fee is $10.00 per animal to be paid by credit card. No cash or checks please. No fee for Showmanship. Fee is non-refundable
- All goats must be removed from the barn at the conclusion of the Market Goat Show. No animal should remain overnight.
- Kiwanis Market Goat Project participants must turn in record books at check-in. Any Project Goat without a record book will be disqualified for awards. Project Goats will show in regular weight classes.
- Maximum of three (3) goats per exhibitor will be allowed
- This show is open to any breed or cross-bred wether or doe.
- All goats must be dehorned or horns tipped.
- All goats must be trained for showing.
- Goats must be caring milk teeth at time of weigh-in. The Show Committee reserves the right to mouth goats to determine age. Goats showing either or both of the first pair of permanent incisors will not be eligible to show.
- The Fair reserves the right to change, combine delete classes with insufficient entries. Decisions made by the Goat Show and Fair Committee regarding rules and regulations are final.
- All goats will be shown by weight. Show committee will determine classes. Goats must weigh at least 35 pounds.
- All Entries must be shown by owner unless cleared through show committee. A handicapped or disabled exhibitor may have an assistant. Assistant must be an exhibitor in the Show.
Prize Money for Market Goats
6th & under $18
Grand Champion $75 plus Award
Reserve Champion $50 pus Award
Prize for each Showmanship Division