Youth Market Lamb Show
Thursday, October 18th Starting 6 pm
Check In Thursday, Oct 18 1 pm – 4 pm
HEALTH REQUIREMENTS Exhibition of livestock in Georgia
ALL LIVESTOCK MUST HAVE CURRENT HEALTH CERTIFICATES
Lambs must be free from any clinical signs consistent with those of foot rot, scabies, contagious e
cthyma (soremouth), cutaneous fungal lesions, scrapie or any other contagious disease.
Lambs must be healthy at receiving and remain so throughout the show. Lambs must have health papers but no official blood test is required. Ewe Lamb must have a scrappie tag.
RULES FOR MARKET LAMB SHOW
- While every reasonable precaution will be taken for safeguarding livestock it should be understood that livestock are entered in competition for prizes and that the owner assumes all responsibility for any accident, loss or damage that may occur. Neither the fair Management, its officers nor agents will be responsible for any such accident , loss or damage.
- All lambs MUST be in place by the time designated, or otherwise they will receive no consideration from awarding committees.
- Judges will be appointed by Fair Committee.
- The decision of the judges will be final.
- Exhibitors will held responsible for the cleanliness of their space surrounding same.
- If it is ascertained that any exhibitor, in any ungentlemanly manner, refuses to comply with the regulations of the Fair Management and has taken exception to the judgment of a judge or an awarding committee, the Fair Management shall bar the offending person from competition for premium or exhibiting on the fair grounds until he shall have made proper amends and has been re-instated by a vote of a majority of the Fair Committee.
- An exhibitor who tears off a premium ribbon, or authorizes any person to do so in the presence of the awarding judge , or who refuses to accept a ribbon from the judge, or otherwise insults the awarding judge, shall forfeit the premium or diploma and be excluded from competition.
- No Smoking or lighted candles, lamps, matches, etc., will be allowed in barn.
- Premiums will not be paid according to ribbons, but by awards shown in the judges’ Record Books; ribbons do not always mean money prizes, a
- nd they may sometimes be attached by mistake, or may be misplaced or lost.
- Any prize money not picked up by 5 pm Sunday will be forfeited.
- Market Lamb classes open only to 4H & FFA members (plus pre-club) which have pre-entered their lambs with their local County agent or Vocational Agriculture Teacher prior to August 1, 2018.
- Entries are due by October 1, 2018. All entries must be registered at FairEntry.com
- Entry Fee is $10.00 per animal to be paid by credit card. No cash or checks please. No fee for Showmanship. Fee is non-refundable
- All lambs must be removed from the barn at the conclusion of the Market Lambs Show. No other animal should remain overnight.
- Kiwanis Market Lamb Project participants must turn in record books at check-in. Any Project Lamb without a record book will be disqualified for awards. Project Lambs will show in regular weight classes.
- Maximum of three (3) lambs per exhibitor will be allowed
- This show is open to any breed or cross-bred wether or doe.
- All Lambs must be trained for showing.
- Lambs must be tagged with an official State Tag obtained from the County Agent or Vocational Agriculture Teacher.
- All lambs must have their milk teeth. The Show Committee reserves the right to mouth lambs to determine age.
- The Fair reserves the right to change, combine or delete classes with insufficient entries. Decisions made by the livestock committee and Fair Committee regarding rules and regulations are final.
- Lambs will be shown by weight. Show Committee will determine class break down.
- All exhibitors must show in the Showmanship Class.
- All entries must be shown by owner unless cleared by Show Committee. Exhibitors with a handicap or disability may have an assistant as long as the assistant is an exhibitor of this show.
Prize Money for Market Lambs
6th & under $18
Grand Champion $75 plus Award
Reserve Champion $50 pus Award
Prize for each Showmanship Division