Youth Rabbit & Cavy Show
Monday, Oct 15th, 7 pm
Rules & Requirements
Check In Monday, October 16th 1 pm – 4 pm
- While every reasonable precaution will be taken for safeguarding rabbits, it should be understood that the rabbits are entered in competition for prizes and that the owner assumes all responsibility for any accident, loss or damage that may occur. Neither the fair Management, its officers nor agents will be responsible for any such accident , loss or damage.
- All rabbits MUST be in place by the time designated, or otherwise they will receive no consideration from awarding committees.
- Judges will be appointed by Fair Committee.
- The decision of the judges will be final.
- Exhibitors will held responsible for the cleanliness of their space surrounding same.
- If it is ascertained that any exhibitor, in any ungentlemanly manner, refuses to comply with the regulations of the Fair Management and has taken exception to the judgment of a judge or an awarding committee, the Fair Management shall bar the offending person from competition for premium or exhibiting on the fair grounds until he shall have made proper amends and has been re-instated by a vote of a majority of the Fair Committee.
- An exhibitor who tears off a premium ribbon, or authorizes any person to do so in the presence of the awarding judge , or who refuses to accept a ribbon from the judge, or otherwise insults the awarding judge, shall forfeit the premium or diploma and be excluded from competition.
- No Smoking or lighted candles, lamps, matches, etc., will be allowed in barn.
- Premiums will not be paid according to ribbons, but by awards shown in the judges’ Record Books; ribbons do not always mean money prizes, and they may sometimes be attached by mistake, or may be misplaced or lost.
- Show is open to 4 H, FFA and Pre-Club members from the seven area counties: Bulloch, Bryan, Candler, Evans, Jenkins, Screven & Tattnall.
- Entries must be owned by exhibitor by August 1, 2018.
- Entries are due by October 1, 2018. All entries must be registered at FairEntry.
- Entry Fee is $10.00 per animal to be paid by credit card. No cash or checks please. No fee for Showmanship. Fee is non-refundable
- All rabbits and/or cavies will be exhibited ii their natural state. Cream rinses, cutting of hair, dying or altering is not permitted.
- This will be a carrying cage show, with each exhibitor will be responsible for his/her rabbits. Exhibitors will be called to the table to be judged. Young exhibitors may have help from parents or advisors.
- No rabbit under eight (8) weeks of age will be allowed in the show area.
- Any rabbit showing signs of disease will be removed from the show area and entry fee forfeited.
- Any exhibitor indicating ownership of rabbits on the judging table, harassing, interfering or attempting to influence the judge will be disqualified and forfeit all fees and winnings.
- Breeding rabbits will not be allowed in the barn area.
- Animals are not to be carried around thee fairgrounds. They are to remain in the livestock barn until released to leave the grounds.
- Rabbits must be purebred. Breeds open to Youth are: American Sable, Dutch, English Lop, Holland Lop, Jersey Wooly, Lionhead, Mini Lop, Mini Rex, Netherland Dwarf and Polish.
- It takes five (5) of one breed to make a show for that breed. Less than five of one of one breed will be placed in “Other Breeds”.
1st – $20 . . . 2nd – $18 . . . 3rd – $16 . . . 4th – $14 . . . 5th – $12
6th & under $10
- Any prize money not picked up by 5 pm Sunday will be forfeited.