Please Read Carefully.
Check-In Saturday, October 17th Beginning at 9 am
Contact your 4-H Advisor for Check-In Time
Check Out Sunday, October 25th 2 pm to 5 pm
Please park in the parking lot. No personal cars will be allowed in the Fair Grounds area.
Mini Booths will be allowed through the Pass Gate (Exit gate during the fair) only.
You may use a wagon or pull cart to get items to 4-H building.
- Open to 4-H members from Bryan, Bulloch, Candler, Evans, Jenkins, Screven and Tattnall counties only.
- All entries should be registered with your 4-H Agent by October 4th. There are limited number of spaces
- Entries and Exhibits must be in place by time designated or otherwise will not be considered for awards and/or premiums.
- While every reasonable precaution will be taken for safeguarding exhibits, exhibits are entered in competition for prizes and the owner assumes all responsibility for any accident, loss or damage that may occur.
- All articles, after being entered and until surrendered to the owner or agent will be entirely under the control and jurisdiction of the Fair Management, and no exhibitor will be allowed to remove, handle, or rearrange, improve, disfigure same under any circumstances, unless permission is granted by Department Chairman or Fair Management.
- Judges will be appointed by the Fair Committee.
- The decisions of the Judges are final.
- If it is ascertained that any exhibitor, in any ungentlemanly manner, refuses to comply with the regulations of the Fair Management and has taken exception to the judgment of a judge or awarding committee, the Fair Management shall bar the offending person from competition for premium or exhibiting on the fairgrounds until he/she shall have made proper amend and has been re-instated by a majority vote of the Fair Committee
- An exhibitor who tears off premium ribbon, or authorizes any person to do so in the presence of the awarding judge, shall forfeit the premium and be expelled from competition.
- No exhibit or entry shall be removed in whole or in part during the period of the Fair.
In the event circumstances beyond our control so disrupts our planned schedules as to necessitate curtailment of activities and operations, the Fair Management reserves the right, and the exhibitor agrees to pro-rate premium and prize money herein catalogued on a basis of actual conditions existing from such causes before or during the period of the fair.
- Exhibits are judged by comparison and on a competitive basis. Where there is but one article exhibited under any class number a first place cannot be given. In this instance, if the article is meritorious, second place prize money will be paid.
- Premiums will not be paid according to ribbons, but by awards shown in the judges’ Record Books; ribbons do not always mean money prizes, and they may sometimes be attached by mistake, or may be misplaced or lost.
- All blue ribbons excluding grand prizes will be re-judged in each category for the best in the following categories:
- Originality of Idea
- Creativity in Carrying Idea
All exhibits must be the work of the exhibitor and must be completed since previous fair.
Only one mini-booth can be entered per exhibitor. Each county will have a quota of booths.
Exhibits must conform to the space allotted. The space will be 28” deep, 31” wide and 28” high.
Exhibits must be labeled with name, project, organization and county.
Exhibits will be judged accordingly:
Theme 15 points
Attracts Attention 20 points
Educational Value 15 points
Arrangement 15 points
Originality 15 points
General Appearance 15 points
*An overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be awarded to the best three entries in each division. Category prizes will receive $10.00 and a certificate instead of a ribbon. These exhibits will compete against each other for Grand Prize money.
Any prize money not picked up by 5 pm Sunday, Oct 25th will be forfeited.
GROUPING AND PRIZE ARRANGEMENT
Exhibits will be grouped and judged as follows:
All Excellent Blue Ribbon $7.00
All Good Red Ribbon $5.00
All Fair White Ribbon $3.00
All Blue ribbons in each group will be judged for 1st, 2nd & 3rd grand prize
Clover Leaf (Grades 5-6)
1st Place $25
2nd Place $20
3rd Place $15
Junior (Grades 7-8)
1st Place $30
2nd Place $25
3rd Place $20
Senior (Grades 9-12)
1st Place $40
2nd Place $30
3rd Place $20
All Blue Ribbons excluding grand prizes will be re-judged in each category for the best in the following categories:
Best Floor Booth Display
Creativity in Carrying Idea (see * above)
Organizations with the greatest number of entries will be awarded:
1st Place $100
2nd Place $75
3rd Place $50
4th Place $25