FINE ART JUDGED SHOW
Please Read Carefully
Check In Saturday, Oct 13th 9 am to 5 pm
Check Out Sunday, Oct 21st 2 pm to 5 pm
Check In will be at the Main Entrance of the Fairgrounds. Park in the main parking lot. No cars will be allowed in the fairgrounds. There will be an express line for those who entered using FairEntry.
- Open to exhibitors from Bryan, Bulloch, Candler, Evans, Jenkins, Screven and Tattnall counties only.
- All entries should be registered by October 1st using FairEntry. Please read the help sheets and watch the video before registering. Failure to do so will delay your entry process during check in. Click here to go to FairEntry. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries and Exhibits must be in place by time designated or otherwise will not be considered for awards and/or premiums.
- While every reasonable precaution will be taken for safeguarding exhibits, exhibits are entered in competition for prizes and the owner assumes all responsibility for any accident, loss or damage that may occur.
- All articles, after being entered and until surrendered to the owner or agent will be entirely under the control and jurisdiction of the Fair Management, and no exhibitor will be allowed to remove, handle, or rearrange, improve, disfigure same under any circumstances, unless permission is granted by Department Chairman or Fair Management.
- Judges will be appointed by the Fair Committee.
- The decisions of the Judges are final.
- If it is ascertained that any exhibitor, in any ungentlemanly manner, refuses to comply with the regulations of the Fair Management and has taken exception to the judgment of a judge or awarding committee, the Fair Management shall bar the offending person from competition for premium or exhibiting on the fairgrounds until he/she shall have made proper amend and has been re-instated by a majority vote of the Fair Committee
- An exhibitor who tears off premium ribbon, or authorizes any person to do so in the presence of the awarding judge, shall forfeit the premium and be expelled from competition.
- No exhibit or entry shall be removed in whole or in part during the period of the Fair.
- In the event circumstances beyond our control so disrupts our planned schedules as to necessitate curtailment of activities and operations, the Fair Management reserves the right, and the exhibitor agrees to pro-rate premium and prize money herein catalogued on a basis of actual conditions existing from such causes before or during the period of the fair.
- Exhibits are judged by comparison and on a competitive basis. Where there is but one article exhibited under any class number a first place cannot be given. In this instance, if the article is meritorious, second place prize money will be paid.
- Premiums will not be paid according to ribbons, but by awards shown in the judges’ Record Books; ribbons do not always mean money prizes, and they may sometimes be attached by mistake, or may be misplaced or lost.
- Any prize money not picked up by 5 pm Sunday will be forfeited.
The Kiwanis Club of Statesboro and the Statesboro Regional Art Association encourage artists to enter quality two dimensional art to be displayed in our Fine Arts Exhibit.
- Entries must be:
- DECENT (appropriate for family viewing)
- RECENT (created in the last 5 years)
- NEW to the Kiwanis Ogeechee Fair
- Entrant may make only ONE entry per section
- Entrant must reside in one of the following Georgia counties: Bryan, Bulloch, Evans, Candler, Jenkins, Screven or Tattnall
- All fine art must be on appropriate material ready to exhibit, as described below.
- Mixed Media
- Developmentally Challenged
- Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st grade
- 2nd & 3rd grade
- 4th & 5th grade
- 6th & 7th grade
- 8th & 9th grade
- 10th – 12th grades
RULES FOR ADULT ENTRIES
- Art must be FRAMED. However, paintings on stretched canvas may be presented without frame if the painting continues around the edges so there is no bare canvas.
- Art must be WIRED for hanging. No saw-tooth brackets. Wire is attached securely on the back of the frame or canvas stretcher about 1/3 of the height down from the top so it arches just below the top. NO taping of wires is allowed.
- Art must not exceed a measurement of 36” x 48” including mat and or frame.
- Dry media such as pencil, charcoal or pastel should be behind class or sprayed with a sealer.
- Artist may advertise their work for sale with a small business card. Card needs to state Artist’s contact information and ‘for sale’ neatly and conservatively . Selling price will not be allowed. That will be between you and buyer privately. If sold, Artwork will remain in Fine Art Show until Check Out time.
RULES FOR CHILDREN’S ENTRIES
- Art must be lightweight paper that can be stapled easily.
- A measurement of 8 ½” x 11” is recommended. 11”x14” is maximum size.
- Only one exhibit per student.
- Maximum size is 18” x 24” including mount board or mat.
- Original works only-no paint-by-numbers.
- Student’s name, grade and school must be printed legibly on front of art.
- HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS (9TH-12TH GRADES) may enter in the ADULT section (See rules for ADULT ENTRIES).
For each section and Sub-section ribbons and cash prizes will be awarded:
1st place Blue Ribbon $25 2nd place Red Ribbon $20
3rd place White Ribbon $15
Prize money can be picked up at the Fair Office Prize Window after 5 pm on Tuesday, Oct 18th and during opening hours after that. Any money not collected by 5 pm Sunday, Oct. 23rd will be forfeited
SPECIAL DIVISION: KIWANIS HERITAGE AWARDS
Theme: Southeast Georgia Heritage (Artwork must depict life in southeast Georgia, past or present)
Open to Adults and High School Students
Heritage Painting or Drawing
Minimum Size 9” x 12” without mat or frame. All rules for Adult Entries apply.
1st Place Blue Rosette $125
2nd Place Red Rosette $75
3rd Place White Rosette $50
Minimum size 8” x 10” without mat or frame. All rules for Adult Entries apply.
1st Place Blue Rosette $50
2nd Place Red Rosette $25
3rd Place White Rosette $10
Liability: Neither the Kiwanis Ogeechee Fair nor the Statesboro Regional Art Association will be responsible for the loss or damage that may occur at any exhibit.