HOME ARTS AND CRAFTS
Please Read Carefully
Check In Saturday, Oct 13th 9 am to 5 pm
Sunday, Oct 14th 2 pm to 5 pm
Check Out Sunday, Oct 21st 2 pm to 5 pm
Check In will be at the Main Entrance of the Fairgrounds. Park in the main parking lot. No cars will be allowed in the fairgrounds. There will be an express line for those who entered using FairEntry. (click red FairEntry)
- Open to exhibitors from Bryan, Bulloch, Candler, Evans, Jenkins, Screven and Tattnall counties only.
- All entries should be registered by October 1st using FairEntry. Failure to do so will delay your entry process during check in. Please read FairEntry instructions before entering. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
- Entries and Exhibits must be in place by time designated or otherwise will not be considered for awards and/or premiums.
- While every reasonable precaution will be taken for safeguarding exhibits, exhibits are entered in competition for prizes and the owner assumes all responsibility for any accident, loss or damage that may occur.
- All articles, after being entered and until surrendered to the owner or agent will be entirely under the control and jurisdiction of the Fair Management, and no exhibitor will be allowed to remove, handle, or rearrange, improve, disfigure same under any circumstances, unless permission is granted by Department Chairman or Fair Management.
- Judges will be appointed by the Fair Committee.
- The decisions of the Judges are final.
- If it is ascertained that any exhibitor, in any ungentlemanly manner, refuses to comply with the regulations of the Fair Management and has taken exception to the judgment of a judge or awarding committee, the Fair Management shall bar the offending person from competition for premium or exhibiting on the fairgrounds until he/she shall have made proper amend and has been re-instated by a majority vote of the Fair Committee
- An exhibitor who tears off premium ribbon, or authorizes any person to do so in the presence of the awarding judge, shall forfeit the premium and be expelled from competition.
- No exhibit or entry shall be removed in whole or in part during the period of the Fair.
- In the event circumstances beyond our control so disrupts our planned schedules as to necessitate curtailment of activities and operations, the Fair Management reserves the right, and the exhibitor agrees to pro-rate premium and prize money herein catalogued on a basis of actual conditions existing from such causes before or during the period of the fair.
- Exhibits are judged by comparison and on a competitive basis. Where there is but one article exhibited under any class number a first place cannot be given. In this instance, if the article is meritorious, second place prize money will be paid.
- Premiums will not be paid according to ribbons, but by awards shown in the judges’ Record Books; ribbons do not always mean money prizes, and they may sometimes be attached by mistake, or may be misplaced or lost.
- It is suggested that articles should have been created since the last Fair.
- They should never have been exhibited in the Fair in previous years.
- Entries should be of high quality according to Class and lot which they are entered.
- The Fair reserves the right to decline any exhibit.
- Questions about classification will be answered by volunteers during check-in.
- It is the responsibility of the exhibitor to assist the volunteers in determining that exhibits are tagged correctly.
- Public viewing of the Arts & Crafts Exhibit will start Monday after the Fair opening. Visitors or exhibitors will not be allowed in the building before this time.
- Exhibits will be judged Monday morning. The decision of the judges will be final.
- Prize money will be available during opening hours of the fair.
- Any prize money not picked up by Sunday, Oct 21st will be forfeited.
Age Groups P Pre-Kindergarten & Kindergarten
A 1st-5th Grades
B 6th-8th Grades
C 9th-12th Grades